Sunday, November 23, 2008

J.Crew: Not just for WASPs anymore!

I love J.Crew. I mean I really love it. I cant wait to get my new catalogue every month so I can zone out with preppy fashion for the masses. And I am especially loving their new J Crew Collection which is full of expensive high fashion that I cant possibly afford, but love to be inspired by. But would you like to know what I like the best about J Crew? Turning something that, at first glance, doesn't seem like something you could wear to shul, but just by adding a few accessories and layers, turns you into the best dressed girl in Synagogue. For example this:



Is totally awesome. It seems like it wouldn't work because obviously it shows way too much skin. Sure, you could put a tight shirt underneath, but I have a better idea. How about adding this underneath:


Then, all you have to do is add a cute sweater:



Some heels:


And a chic necklace: And you have a totally amazing frum outfit! I just L-O-V-E the idea of a crisp white shirt under a ballerina-like dress. And the yellow is so unexpected. The pewter colored sweater and heels keeps the outfit subdued, and the pearls, with the decorated clasp, brings it all together by having the three colors of the outfit in one accessory. Adorbs.

But wait. What about all the other days of the week? I doubt you only want to wear this outfit on Shabbat. So here is my idea on how to casual this ensamble up:

First, change out the plain cardigan for a hoodie:



Then add flats:



A charming charm bracelet:


And a bag:




And you have a perfect outfit for running errands or going to get coffee with your friends. And you know they will all be talking about how amazing you look and wonder how you ever came up with the sophisticated combo of yellow and pink. So be sure to check out J.Crew: http://www.jcrew.com/

1 comments:

Chaya said...

I love that you made the dress work for weekday too.