Thursday, March 12, 2009

Frum on the Runway!

Tilda Swinton is a British actress with a very avant-garde fashion perspective. She pushes the fashion envelope as far as it will go, often with some crazy consequences. And I LOVE her for it. I have noticed that many of her outfits are frum, which I think is very interesting. For example she wore this to the Academy Awards this year:
I know it is a crazy outfit for the red carpet, but I think it is such a fresh and modern look. I am so tired of seeing the same pretty dress go down the runway- this was a refreshing look for my eyes. Plus, I predict a new trend of separates on the red carpet.

The next look is Galliano.


If I had the money I would rock this outfit. I think the proportions of the jacket with the skirt are amazing and if you scroll down to my last post about the runways, you will see a similar look- a long skirt with trapeze jacket. My friend Chana Malka would look AMAZING in this. She should totally take a second mortgage out on her home and get this for her brother's wedding.

On a more casual note, I love this next dress: It doesn't quite come up far enough on the chest, or long enough on the sleeves, but you get the idea. To take this to 'real life' one could purchase a long grey sundress and wear a tight shirt under it with a large belt just under the boobs. I think it could look super cool on Shabbat, or out to a nice dinner.

The last look is a little too masculine for my taste, but it could easily be recreated if you like this look:
All you have to do is find a blazer and throw it over a long dress. Actually, I think this could be a cute look over a shorter dress/skirt as well. For a more casual look you could just roll up the sleeves a la Miami Vice. It would give the outfit a youthful 1980's look, which I couldn't get away with, but if you are around 18-22 I say go for it.

3 comments:

Cacti Don't Cry said...

Hey -- I just stumbled across your blog a few days ago, and wanted to let you know that I am really enjoying reading it! ;)

Frum Fashion said...

OMG! I cant believe someone who doesn't know me is reading my blog! Awesome and welcome.

Cacti Don't Cry said...

LoL thanks ;)